So I know this would normally go under 'Game System Modifications', but I have a few things planned for the Saturn, and there is a lot of documentation and pictures involved, so It would be too much for that page. So it get's it's own page here and in the sidebar over there----->
(drop-down menu on mobile)
Any way, today's post is adding a mod-chip to the Saturn. Go check it out and let me know what ya think!
I do want to put in a disclaimer here that this is not a detailed guide, nor a walk-through of this procedure. I will not take responsibility for you messing up your system if you don't know what you're doing. There are guides out there, but this isn't one of them. This is merely documenting my own experience, nothing more, nothing less. Also, I do not condone pirating games, this is to be used for archival backups of games that I own
I got some work done a little while back on my DIY bench power supply. I just got around to posting about it and got that page updated. So go check it out! It's a work in progress, but it's working quite well.
Here's a preview:
As always, I'll keep you posted as I get more stuff done.
If you guys have any questions or comments, leave 'em in the comments below!
So I got a new job a while back and it's fantastic. But working 8-5 every day really cuts into my project time... I've been trying to hold off on posting projects until I've finished them, but I haven't had time to really do so, hence the lack of posting.
That said, I am proud to announce that I have abandoned this reasoning, because I'm tired of not postin things.
So I've updated the Game System modification page with something that I was working on a few months ago, that I just haven't gotten back to yet.
A screen swap for my Game Boy Advanced
I've got to order a new screen for it because the one I had initially ended up being defective. Maybe next week...
I do have a few more things I've been working on that I would like to get up here in the next few days/weeks. I just need time to do it lol.
So I got this awesome Japanese Harry Potter audiobook and I ripped it in .m4a format accidentally, instead of .m4b, which would show up as a book on my phone instead of music.
Rather than re-rip the 10 discs I decided to simply rename them. This proved to be quite annoying in the Mac gui. You have to click the name, hit space, click the end of the line, change the extension, confirm that you want to change it... for every file...
I decided to take a more direct approach and use terminal. To rename in terminal you just move the file to the same directory and change the name.
So it was something to the effect of:
mv 01\ Audio\ Track.m4a 01\ Audio\ Track.m4b
but doing it this way meant I had to manually change the number every time by holding the left arrow till I got to the number and then change it...
Obviously I had to automate this process, so I threw together a little bash script to do all this for me.
while [ $V -lt 10 ]; do
echo renaming Number $V
mv 0$V\ Audio\ Track.m4a 0$V\ Audio\ Track.m4b &
if [ $V = 10 ]; then
while [ $V -lt 30 ]; do
echo renaming number $V
mv $V\ Audio\ Track.m4a $V\ Audio\ Track.m4b &
This little beauty starts at 01 and changes the name of each of them, sequentially, until 29.
This takes about .3 seconds per folder and worked flawlessly!
The tricky bit, that looks a little redundant at first, was to get it to count 01, 02, 03, etc... Which is why there is the check to see if it's 10 or less :)
So I was straightening up earlier and I found both halves of my old glasses. That may not sound like good news to you, broken glasses and whatnot, but to me it's a relief. I've run across bothpieces separately before, but this is the first time I've had both together.
I decided this would be a good opportunity to do some 'plastic welding'
For those of you new to my blog, I mean of course, melting and manipulating the plastic with a soldering iron, not actual plastic welding.
Now I don't just burn things with my soldering iron, I have specific retired tips for my soldering iron that I use for this. Here's an example
Anyway, I rejoined the new pieces and I've got myself a new pair of repaired glasses!
So I've started a new series of projects to improve my wifi signal. Being the cheapskate that I am (broke guy is more like it) I decided to improvise some antenna solutions for it, rather than buy a new adapter or router.
Anyway, I've added a new page for it that you can check out here or find the Cantenna page on the sidebar (drop down box on mobile) So go check it out!